It’s always exciting when you get an e-mail from AMEX offering their latest Platinum VIP experiences:
“American Express invites you to unique and inspiring experiences, taking you beyond the ordinary. Enjoy insider access to highly coveted events in sports, wellness, dining and more. “
With these AMEX Platinum VIP experiences, you still have to pay for the packages, but what you’re getting is access to these hard-to-get opportunities. Usually, the prices of the packages are quite fair for what you get in return.
Check out the list below to see some of the amazing experiences that have been offered through American Express Platinum benefits in the past. There is no guarantee that AMEX will offer the same experiences in the future.
Exclusive Access to Noma Seafood Season
This AMEX Platinum benefits allows cardmembers to be some of the first to experience Noma’s first season of the new year. The team’s second winter menu will celebrate the Scandinavian seafood that is at its best during colder months of the year, incorporating some element of the ocean in each course.
Cost: $1,500 USD per person
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Now that’s quite a bit of dough, but you do get some amazing food as well as hangout time with the owner of the two-Michelin star Noma restaurant. The full package includes the following.
- Interactive daytime experience with René Redzepi and the Noma team
- Dinner at Noma, inclusive of an extensive multi-course tasting menu with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage pairings
- A meet-and-greet with René Redzepi and the Noma team
- A behind-the-scenes tour of the Noma kitchen and restaurant
La Paulée en Fête: Skiing, Burgundy & Champagne in the French Alps
This AMEX Platinum benefit brings you the experience of alpine gastronomy at its finest at the first-ever Paulée des Neiges or “Snow-Paulée” in France.
Join Daniel Johnnes, founder of La Paulée and La Fête du Champagne for a once in a lifetime gastronomic experience in the charming French alpine village of Megève with some of Burgundy’s and Champagne’s most venerable winemakers.
Dine in temples of mountain gastronomy with meals prepared by Michelin-starred chefs while contemplating views of the majestic Mont Blanc.
Cost: $6,000 USD per person
Location: Megève, France
Now this is an expensive ski trip. However the package does include some truly unforgettable experiences!
- Lift tickets and slope-side service
- Exceptional skiing with private guides on the wooded slopes of Megève with views of Mont Blanc, Europe’s highest peak
- Taste the fine Burgundy wines and Champagnes of attending winemakers paired with meals prepared by Michelin-starred Chefs in world-class restaurants on the slopes
- Enjoy a La Paulée-style lunch on the slopes to which winemakers will be invited to bring special bottles from their personal cellars to share
VIP Access to Grand Prix de Monaco
This AMEX Platinum benefit brings cardholders the spectacular Grand Prix de Monaco. Partake in exceptional access with prime viewing and luxury hospitality at one of the most prestigious auto-racing events in the world.
Cost: $9,800 USD per person
Location: Monte Carlo, Monaco
This event costs almost ten grand, but that’s the price you have to pay to attend one of the premier Grand Prix events in the world as a VIP! This package includes the following.
- Stunning views of the marquee final events from the newly-reopened Hôtel de Paris’ famed Garnier Suite, overlooking Casino Square
- Premier trackside viewing of the qualifying races from aboard an elegant yacht in Monaco Harbour with vantages of the famed Nouvelle Chicane
- Evening reception and wine-paired dinner in the enchanting and storied cellars beneath Hôtel de Paris, featuring a curated conversation with a racing champion
- Post-race VIP table access at Hôtel de Paris’ Le Bar Américain
- Fine hospitality provided at each race viewing experience
- Luxury airport and event transfers throughout the weekend
To book any of these experiences, all you have to do is call the AMEX Platinum concierge.