Maui is one of the most scenic islands in the Hawaiian chain with famous locations such as Haleakala Crater, Hana Town, and the beautiful Hana rainforest.
While many of the attractions can be seen from the ground, there is nothing quite like getting a bird’s eye view from a helicopter. You’ll get to enjoy the panoramic scenery of the island that few get to see. A helicopter ride in Maui will no doubt be one of the best experiences of your trip.
There’s not much that we can say about the amazingness of the helicopter tours so we’ll get right to it and show you the best pictures from our Maui helicopter tour. Be sure to check out our pro tips for Maui Helicopter tours after the pictures.
Pro Tips for Maui Helicopter Tours
1. Buy your helicopter ride from the local Costco. They offer cheaper prices for the same brand name tours that you would buy directly. The average helicopter tour will cost you about $300/person. With Costco, you’ll save at least 15%.
2. Take motion sickness pills. Even though helicopters offer generally smooth rides, you never know what the winds are like once you’re at a high elevation. Don’t let motion sickness ruin your trip.
3. Avoid scuba diving the day before a helicopter ride. The dramatic change in altitude can cause some issues if you’ve scuba dived in the last 24 hours.
4. Don’t lie about your weight. They will use your weight to arrange the seating on the helicopter so that it’s balanced. Most places will weigh you anyways when you show up so save yourself some trouble and be truthful about your weight when buying the tickets!
5. Get the front seat upgrade. This is a little pricey, but the view from the front seat is way better. If you have room in the budget, then this is a worthwhile upgrade to purchase.
6. Bring a real camera. Phone cameras still offer decent photos, but a real camera will give you way better pictures. When you’re paying so much money for a helicopter ride you want to make sure the images are as spectacular as real life!
7. Wear dark colors. Wearing darker colors will reduce window reflection in the helicopter.